Thursday, October 7, 2010

When semantic roles clash with deixis.......

Assalamualaikum my dear blog........

A semantic role is the underlying relationship that a participant has with the main verb in a clause.


Deixis is reference by means of an expression whose interpretation is relative to the (usually) extralinguistic context of the utterance, such as person, time ans place.

So, can you differentiate between this two major things?
I'm kind of happy to know this two special context in English. This has lots of differences in semantic and pragmatic. Eventually, can you relate it with life? What an implicature question........

It seems like our life is also like these two, has relationship with lots of participants, I guess.....and lots of way like deixis.

For whom who read this, thanx so much for visiting my blog, really apreciate it. For BEN students, think about these two semantically, hikhik......


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, Can someone visit my site vimax 3-4 Dot Com, and tell me if im on the right track? if you guys think i should change it. ill start a fresh on my site again. i need feedback thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Salam, thank you very much for speaking your mind..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...